Friday 22 January 2010

Our Favourite Day at Garden Organic

Two years ago when we moved our offices to Garden Organic I had my first experience of Potato Day.

I know what you are thinking, I thought the same. What could all this fuss be about? There were armies of men with large tents and equipment, chefs flying in and out of the kitchen and the shop staff were working up a sweat.  Believe me you have to see it to believe it. Come Potato Day and Garden Organic is transformed into a village of tents housing hundreds of different varieties of potatoes. There are people everywhere haggling over potato seed, finding new varieties for their allotments and generally just going into a potato frenzy!

If you have your own allotment, would like to start an allotment or if like me you just wanted see it for yourself. This is a day that can not be missed.

This year the event will be open to Garden Organic members on Saturday 30th of January & on the 31st to the general public.

For more information visit the Garden Organic website: Garden Organic Potato Day 2010

Also have a look at this  short you tube clip of last years event to give you an idea of what to expect:




I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments